electric until the fuse blows


That electricity before initial contact is a drug that can’t be bottled
when you accidentally brush shoulders,
or get a little too close in conversation.
when you lean in
unknowingly
so far you feel you might fall through the looking glass into them
& you can feel the electrons jumping from skin to skin
& everything in you wants to get closer

because this is magnetic

some kind of science experiment from the eighth grade
or an ancient instinct uncovered from the days before we let our brains & thoughts take the lead on life
And then you’re addicted
until you concede
and how long does the high last?
How do my insides know you before I know you?
And it’s that drug that makes me feel most in my feminine

Look but don’t touch

And I’m a child again that can hardly restrain herself
Because your chemical makeup is perfectly compatible to mine
so it seems

And in my bliss state I’m a queen
And I can see the full picture, I can take a step back
I can see the effect I have
Not me, but all women. in their divine femininity.
A simple chemical reaction taking place
But it’s when the glow is coming from the inside
And it’s what you do with that power
Because when I walked through that crowded room I could see the sea part and I could also see the darkness seeping through.

Look but don’t touch

But the world is full of people who believe that they are entitled to touch
Whenever, however
And I sense I can control it
That I can use this power for such good
For the purest goal
And maybe I could be a leader
Too
Maybe

Because this thing that I love so much has been built up over time
And it’s taken patience and dominoes being knocked over and stacked back up
And it’s taken failures and lessons, many of the hard kind
And it’s taken people who perhaps love the attention, or the idea, or the fame, a little more than the higher purpose
And it’s taken a king whose people fall at his feet
Not because they are afraid or want something from him
But because they respect and see all that could be if we just come together
To care for each other

And when you zoom out it’s a picture of people looking after people
People feeling like someone is finally taking a chance on them
And so there is ownership
And there is pride
And there is one common goal
And there is a leader, but one who lets others lead
Who trusts
And oh look what happens when they rise to the occasion

And I can see that this was the journey
It was always meant to lead to this
This feeling of making something bigger than oneself
Making something together, that you couldn’t possibly do on your own
And at the same time, it couldn’t be done without you
And so you want the whole to succeed
You want the flow
The love
The gratitude
You want the magic

And so the magic grows
abundantly
As we unite
And therein lies the beauty and so we all glow

And we’re better for it


And this is what happens when you eat mushrooms while working at a bluegrass music festival  

Comments

Popular Posts